Today, we landed in Frankfurt after an uneventful and on time flight on Lufthansa. After immigration and customs, my ride to Heidelberg was waiting for me. Heidelberg is where Stefan Knopf has been keeping my motorcycle for the last 2 weeks after it arrived from the US.
After loading the bike with as much of the luggage for the TransAsia trip as I was able to carry from Dallas (e.g., tools, tent, sleeping bag, maps, tracker, etc.), reconnecting the battery, and ... realizing that my GPS is nowhere to be found, I was ready to head back to Frankfurt to meet Tom to start riding south tomorrow.
The ride back to Frankfurt was interesting as I had no GPS and resorting back to using maps was actually a nice experience. I met a truck driver that spoke no english and a girl with a dog at a rest stop that helped me figure out how I had missed highway 5? I am looking forward to all the interesting people I will meet trying to figure out where to go the old fashioned way as I make my way to Istanbul : )
No sleep on the plane, no naps today, so it is time to crash! Austria tomorrow.

You go get them Rene... I wanna go next time!!
ReplyDeleteJesse